I made this model as a suppliment to a business presentation at uni on wind power for slum dwellings.
First I made a mockup with cardboard and then cut each wall out of cream high density foam.
PVA glue was dabbed on the corners and then I cut up a bamboo skewer into short lengths and used it to pin the walls together.
The laboursome process of making the roof from cardboard was next, there were some small bits left on top but I think it gives it a nice ramshackle texture. The 2 halves are stuck to two foam bars.
The base is 3/4" MDF with a chamfer disc sanded in and coated in sandwust.
I dry-brushed some burnt sienna onto the roof to make it look thouroughly rusted.
The walls were coated with a paste of plaster, sawdust and water, this helps to give the walls texture and fill in the corner and base gaps.